In Person and Virtual Art Classes for Schools
Meredith offers in-person workshops for Toronto locations, and online art classes via video call for elementary schools outside of Toronto. Classes are customizable and can incorporate material from school curriculum and novel studies. Enjoy a field trip in your own classroom by having an artist visit your school!
Single Drawing Lesson:
Meredith will give your students a beginner's guide to drawing! Each one hour session includes:
- Drawing lesson with step-by-step instructions
- Instruction on colouring, light, and shadow
- Q&A time for students curious about life as an artist
Multiple Art Sessions:
For each of 5 sessions, students will learn new skills and work towards creating a finished piece of art. Meredith will work with the classroom teacher to establish a format and theme that works best for each class. Topics available include:
- Drawing People: Learn to draw the human body, facial features, and clothing.
- Elements of Art: Learn how to use line, shape, texture, form, space, colour, and value in a finished piece of art.
- Animals and Nature: Learn basic skills in creating a variety of landscape scenes and filling them with fun creatures.
Paint Nights and Birthday Parties are now available upon request.
"I liked art before too, but Meredith made art more fun. I love art but I only knew how to draw a stick man before this. Five stars."
- Marin, Grade 5.
"I loved Meredith Wolting's workshop because I accomplished being able to draw something more than a stick figure. It was amazing to see an actual artist. She was very clear with her instructions which made it more simple than it seemed. 6/5 stars."
- Rachel, Grade 5.
"I can draw better now that she taught me how to draw. She was very clear on the steps. I don't normally like art but she made me love art and now art is fun for me. 5 stars."
- Evan, Grade 5.
What do YOU want to create?